Oculus today announced in a blog post that over 30 “full, made-for-VR games” are launching with Touch later this year. Oculus hasn’t made any further comment on the release of Touch outside of their original quote of H2 2016 launch window.
Of the over 30 titles, Oculus maintains that 20 of the games are specifically “designed around the immersive sense of hand presence you can only get with Touch,” and that there are “hundreds of additional Touch titles in development…”
At the time of this writing there is still no release date or established price of Oculus Touch, although with the avalanche of Touch titles we expect that change once Oculus shares the full Touch lineup and launch details later this fall.
Oculus Medium, the company’s creation tool that lets you sculpt in VR using Touch, will also be bundled with purchase of Touch. Like with real-life sculptures, Medium allows you to work with a number of ‘materials’ and hold your creation in one hand while manipulating it with the other.
Launch titles teased by Oculus include:
- Oculus Medium (Oculus Studios)
- The Unspoken (Insomniac Games)
- Dead & Buried (Oculus Studios)
- Rock Band VR (Harmonix)
- VR Sports Challenge (Sanzaru)
- The Climb (Crytek)
- Serious Sam VR: The Last Hope (Croteam)
- Pro Fishing Challenge VR (Opus)
- I Expect You to Die (Schell Games)
- Luna (Funomena)
- Giant Cop (Other Ocean)
- Job Simulator (Owlchemy Labs)
- Fantastic Contraption (Northway Games)