Konami’s 4K/VR remastering of Zone of the Enders 2 (2003), called Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner MARS, now has an official street date: September 4th in the US and September 6th in the EU and Japan.
While the Steam listing makes no specific mention whether VR support is official, the game’s description maintains Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner MARS is returning “with 4K and VR support on Steam,” possibly implying the future addition of support for SteamVR-compatible headsets like HTC Vive and Oculus Rift.
Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner MARS, which is only available in single player mode when playing in VR, is said to include the following new modes and features:
- Optional “Pro Mode” controller setup allows for faster selection of sub-weapons to help engage in rapid-fire combat
- “Very Easy” difficulty setting offers an alternative option for players who wish to enjoy the cinematic experience of the game’s story or are new to VR
- Various training modules and a mini-map
- Additional VR content for an even more captivating experience:
- 3D Hangar: Interact with Jehuty in VR
- 3D Model Viewer: Explore various refined 3D models in full 360 degrees
- Cinematic Theater: After completing the game, unlock the ability to re-watch any story sequence with the option to view cut-scenes in full VR
- Players who pre-order a digital copy from PlayStation Network will receive a special PS4 “Welcome to MARS” Theme, as well as Zone of the Enders avatars.