Konami’s 4K/VR remastering of Zone of the Enders 2 (2003), called Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner MARS, now has an official street date: September 4th in the US and September 6th in the EU and Japan.
The game is set to release on PS4, PSVR, and PC via Steam, with pre-orders now available for all platforms for $30 (or regional equivalent).
While the Steam listing makes no specific mention whether VR support is official, the game’s description maintains Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner MARS is returning “with 4K and VR support on Steam,” possibly implying the future addition of support for SteamVR-compatible headsets like HTC Vive and Oculus Rift.
Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner MARS, which is only available in single player mode when playing in VR, is said to include the following new modes and features:
- Optional “Pro Mode” controller setup allows for faster selection of sub-weapons to help engage in rapid-fire combat
- “Very Easy” difficulty setting offers an alternative option for players who wish to enjoy the cinematic experience of the game’s story or are new to VR
- Various training modules and a mini-map
- Additional VR content for an even more captivating experience:
- 3D Hangar: Interact with Jehuty in VR
- 3D Model Viewer: Explore various refined 3D models in full 360 degrees
- Cinematic Theater: After completing the game, unlock the ability to re-watch any story sequence with the option to view cut-scenes in full VR
- Players who pre-order a digital copy from PlayStation Network will receive a special PS4 “Welcome to MARS” Theme, as well as Zone of the Enders avatars.