OrbusVR: Reborn is the first expansion to OrbusVR, a VRMMORGP in Early Access from indie studio Orbus Online. Now in its third open beta weekend, owners of the base game OrbusVR can hop into Reborn starting today, which comes with plenty of new stuff to see and explore.
Orbus Online calls the expansion pack a “ground-up re-imagining of the original game,” which includes new hand-painted visuals, enemies, dungeons, raids, classes, and more.
The OrbusVR: Reborn beta has already begun, starting today, January 11th at 12 PM CST. It’s not certain when the beta weekend will end, although it’s safe to say come Monday users will be greeted with a ‘server offline’ message.
Reborn is set 20 years after the defeat of the Order, so much has changed in the land of Patraeyl. Users again find themselves at the central hub ‘Highsteppe’, where they venture out from behind the the safe walls of the city into a land of new possibilities. “It’s a time of chaos…and opportunity,” the studio says.
The full version is slated to arrive sometime in Q1 2019 for free to existing OrbusVR owners. Users that purchase the base game before Reborn launches are said to receive it for free.
Here’s a list of all new content on show in the third beta weekend:
- New Avatar Creator – We’ve re-worked our avatars to give you much more control over the look of your character. Change the shape of your body and face, and choose from a variety of hair, nose, and eye styles to make a truly unique avatar that represents you!
- New Classes – The Bard is a support class focused around conducting your own personal mini-orchestra of musical orbs. By keeping them in-sync and choosing the right instrument at the right time, you can support your party members, heal your allies, weaken your enemies, and even deal a little damage of your own! The Shaman is a high-powered offensive class with the ability to affect the entire battlefield. Throwing down totems, the Shaman can spread effects to slow down enemies, or throw down a spell-slinging totem and grab some arcane energy to hurl for massive damage. Disciplines Three and Four will be revealed soon!
- New Enemies – Face new, challenging foes from a variety of core races, including creatures of chaos and corrupted nature. Enemy AI has been vastly improved, and enemies will now dodge incoming projectiles, retreat and seek help, and choose between rushing the player or hanging back at a distance depending on the situation.
- New Activities – With Highsteppe as your central hub, take on a variety of new activites in-game, including airship adventures with a party, dragon pet racing, and public events throughout the world. All non-endgame areas will also be level-scaled, so veteran and new players can easily quest together. And of course, we’ll have new dungeons, raids, gear, and more!
- Redesigned World PvP and Battlegrounds – We’ve listened to your feedback on the player versus player content in the game, and in this re-imagined realm, World PvP is an opt-in activity, along with additional rewards for those who choose to participate. We’ll also be rolling out our first Capture the Flag Battleground game mode for those who want some competitive action, along with Honor ranks and rewards.
- Revamped Gathering and New Crafting – Gathering resources throughout the world will now be more naturally integrated, with items such as ore found in caves (yes, there are now caves!). We’ll also be introducing a new Tinkerer crafting discipline.
- Improved Performance and Stability – By making each asset ourselves, we’ve been able to hand-tune the game for the performance that VR requires. Even when questing in the overworld, you’ll now find buttery-smooth framerates. We’ve also upgraded our engine and fixed numerous bugs to greatly increase overall stability and reduce crashes and disconnects.
– – — – –