AMD’s Capsaicin GDC event is over and we now have official high resolution images and technical specifications for the new Sulon and AMD powered augmented and virtual reality headset the Sulon Q.
Billed by Sulon as the world’s first and only all-in-one, tether-free, “wear and play” headset for VR, AR and spatial computing, the Sulon Q has today been officially unveiled at GDC 2016. Below is a complete list of the official ‘expected’ specifications for the device and a raft of high resolution renders for the headset.
Sulon Q Headset Expected Specifications
Experiences: VR, AR, and spatial computing
External Hardware: Lightweight, comfortable, ergonomically designed all-in-one tether-free form factor.
- AMD FX-8800P processor at up to 35W with Radeon™ R7. Graphics leveraging AMD’s Graphics Core Next architecture
- 4 compute cores and 8 GPU cores unlocked through Heterogeneous System Architecture (HAS)
- Sulon Spatial Processing Unit (SPU)
- Memory 8 GB DDR3L MemoryStorage 256 GB SSDDisplay 2560×1440 OLED display at 90 Hz
- 110-degree Field-of-View
- 3D spatial audio powered by GenAudio’s AstoundSound® technology
- Built-in 3.5 mm audio jack
- Custom spatially-optimized Sulon Q earbudsDual noise-cancelling embedded microphones.
Tracking: Sulon Spatial Processing Unit combining real-time machine vision technologies
and mixed reality spatial computer for real-time environment mapping and tracking from the inside outward, dynamic virtualization for VR/AR fusion, and gesture
- Spatial mapping and tracking
- Microsoft Windows® 10
- “Project Dragon” application for spatial computing
- AMD LiquidVR technologies for ensure smooth and responsive VR and AR experiences
- Wireless keyboard and mouse provided in box
- Any other Windows 10-compatible controllers and joysticks
- WiFi 802.11n/ac + Bluetooth 4.0
- 2 x USB 3.0 Type AMicro HDMI OUT