Montas is an upcoming indie horror game with support for the Oculus Rift. We heard about Montas a few months back and now the creators, Organic Humans, have begun a crowd-funding campaign to help them raise money to get the game to market. “Montas is a first person survival horror adventure game focused on exploration, immersion, atmosphere, story and interactivity,” according to the creators. A copy of the game for be yours for $10 through the crowd-funding campaign which is hosted on Indiegogo.
Early Montas Gameplay
From the Montas Indiegogo campaign:
Story of Montas
You wake up at the desk of Joseph Walker, an accountant working for a firm in the city of Montas.
Normal life for Joseph has become a distant memory, haunted by nightmares of events that didn’t happen, and cursed with unsettling hallucinations wherever he goes. As a result of stress and anxiety, Joseph is now an alcoholic.
Paranoia is growing, and the situation worsens when police begin to question locals about recent murders in the area. What is happening to Joseph?… and what is Montas hiding?
Features of Montas
- Run, hide or mislead your enemies
- Use the environment to your advantage, if it’s not already out to get you
- Uncover vast underground labyrinths occupied by the unknown
- Discover secret areas and complete optional adventures
- Explore numerous environments and conditions; bright, dark, new, old, safe, dangerous, real and imaginary
- Persistent death no longer forces the player to retrace progress after failure, instead changes the direction and story of the game
- Intense atmosphere that keeps you on edge
- Play using keyboard or controller
- Available for Windows and Mac
- Full compatibility with the Oculus Rift
Montas, which is subheaded by “Welcome to the Opera”, is built with the Unreal engine which will natively feature Oculus Rift support and short make it easy for integration. You can see more at the Montas blog.