Loco Dojo, the social VR party game which first launched on PC VR headsets in 2017, is finally getting an Oculus Quest version next month, bringing its madcap minigames to the standalone platform.
Update (September 24th, 2021): Make Real today announced that Loco Dojo Unleashed is officially coming to the Quest platform on October 7th. You can add it to you wishlist here.
The studio also tossed out a feature list to go along with its updated trailer:
- New ‘Quick Match’ mode to speed up multiplayer lobbies and matchmaking
- ‘Table of Trials’ full tournament mode for 2-4 players looking for a greater challenge
- New single player mode ‘Solo Dojo’ to hone skills and unlock new masks
- ‘Ten Trials Test’ single player mode to try to unlock the fabled black headband
- 16 marvellous mad minigames set across 4 varied themes; Countryside, Rocky Desert, Seaside and Foggy Swamp
- More of the charismatic Grand Sensei host, to aid and assist during gameplay, voiced by cult hero Brian Blessed
- Delightfully quirky wooden toy visual style
- Enchanting stick-in-your-head soundtrack
- 15 frivolous achievements to unlock
- 12 animal masks based on the Chinese zodiac, to unlock for your avatar
The original article announcing Quest support follows below:
Original Article (April 30th, 2021): Created by Make Real, Loco Dojo Unleashed is set to feature both multiplayer and single player modes. The multiplayer ‘quick play’ mode lets you jump into casual games, while the ‘tournament mode’ lets two to four players engage in “a greater challenge,” the studio says.
Loco Dojo Unleashed is said to arrive with 16 minigames, not to mention plenty of the brittonic baritone charisma from Grand Sensei host (voice by the illustrious Brian Blessed).
Stepping up to Grand Sensei’s ‘Table of Trials’, you spin to find out which skill you’ll need to hone next as you engage in competitive multiplayer with friends or strangers.
“Following on from the success of the game on PC VR and in LBE VR Arcades, we have listened to feedback to include a number of enhancements for Oculus Quest players,” says Sam Watts, Immersive Partnerships Director at Make Real. “For launch we wanted to make sure it is as easy as possible to pick-up and play and get into games. We’ve removed elements that slowed gameplay down and added those that improve players understanding of how to become the master within the dojo. We’ve spent considerable effort buffing the wood to provide the same polished world and hectic gameplay the title is known for, coming soon to Oculus Quest.”
Loco Dojo Unleashed will be available on both Quest and Quest 2 headsets sometime in 2021 (see update).