After the success of the SVVR UBERCast, the folks who stayed at the VR Beach House decided that it was necessary to do it again, this time calling it the Oculus Connect ULTRACast. A great group of well-known developers and personalities in the VR community joined in and despite the ridiculous timing (Sunday at 2am), it turned out to be a great conversation.
Instead of renting hotel rooms in Hollywood, several of us chipped in on a beach house in Marina del Rey. It was a bit of a distance to drive, but the price was right and it gave us a place to hang out in between events with our VR buddies. There was a constant flow of people there throughout the whole weekend, and the parties were epic. After the last events at Oculus Connect on Sunday, we decided to record this podcast.
Here is the line-up of participants:
- Cris Miranda – Host of the EnterVR Podcast
- Jesse “Jespionage” Joudrey – Developer of VR Chat
- Mark Schramm – Developer of Darkfield VR
- Matt Carrell – Developer of Stompz
- OlivierJT – Developer of the Award Winning Synthesis Universe.
- Gunter S. Thompson – Host of Virtually Incorrect
- Cymatic Bruce – Developer & Community Relations at AltspaceVR
- Reverend Kyle – Developer and Host of the Rev VR Podcast
We give you a great break-down of Oculus Connect and all of the keynotes and panels. We also discuss the Proto Awards, and our impressions of Gear VR and the new Oculus Rift Crescent Bay prototype.
I want to thank OlivierJT for renting out the VR Beach House, and being a wonderful host to all of us rowdy VR party animals. I also want to thank everyone involved in this podcast, and Oculus for throwing such an amazing conference.
Subscribe to Get Episodes as They Air
Direct download of the 2014 Oculus Connect ULTRACast: MP3 Download