Enhance today announced that their upcoming PSVR-compatible Tetris game Tetris Effect will have over 10 extra gameplay modes than previously revealed. A free trial demo of Tetris Effect will also be available the weekend before the game’s November 9th release.
Starting November 1st and going until November 5th, PS4 users will be able to download a free trial demo of Tetris Effect. It’s a limited-time offer, meaning the demo will deactivate on the 5th.
Like the full game, you’ll be able to play the game in 2D (including 4K resolution and HDR support on PS4 Pro) and also in VR via the PSVR headset.
The demo offers three stages out of the total 27 available in the ‘Journey Mode’ campaign, and two out of 10 ‘Effect Modes’ available – Marathon Mode and Mystery Mode.
Published by Enhance, and developed by Monstars Inc and Resonair, Tetris Effect is slated to release on the PlayStation Store November 9th, 2018 for $40.
Here’s a list and short explanation of all modes coming to the game:
This is the main campaign and the heart of Tetris Effect. After choosing from one of three difficulties (Beginner, Normal, Expert), players journey through a series of stages, each with their own theme, graphics, music, sound effects, etc. all of which sync to the gameplay.
These are all the other modes in the game – a collection of varying setups and rules designed to evoke different moods the player might be in (or want to be in), as well as varying skill levels.
1. EFFECT MODE CATEGORY: CLASSIC
- MARATHON MODE– Get the best score you can within a 150-Line limit.
- ULTRA MODE – Get the best score you can within three minutes.
- SPRINT MODE – Clear 40 lines as fast as you can.
- MASTER MODE – Insanely fast Tetris. Not for the faint of heart.
2. EFFECT MODE CATEGORY: RELAX
- CHILL MARATHON MODE – A more relaxed version of Marathon with no Game Over. If the Tetriminos reach the top of the Matrix (play field), they are removed from the board, leaving it empty again.
- QUICK PLAY MODE – Play through any single stage you choose with no Game Over.
- PLAYLIST MODE: SEA – Submerge yourself in four aquatic stages with a new, continuous track of specially designed relaxing ambient music.
- PLAYLIST MODE: WIND – Glide through four windy stages with a new, continuous track of specially designed relaxing ambient music.
- PLAYLIST MODE: WORLD – Explore four diverse stages with a new, continuous track of specially designed relaxing ambient music.
3. EFFECT MODE CATEGORY: FOCUS
- ALL CLEAR MODE – Earn as many All Clears as you can before time runs out. Each All Clear will return some time back to the clock.
- COMBO MODE – Earn as many Combos as you can before time runs out. Each successful Combo run will return some time back to the clock.
- TARGET MODE – Clear as many Target Blocks as you can before time runs out. Each set of Target Blocks cleared will return some time back to the clock.
4. EFFECT MODE CATEGORY: ADVENTUROUS
- COUNTDOWN MODE – Use automatically-falling I-Tetriminos to score line clears and bonus points.
- PURIFY MODE – Clear as many Dark Blocks as you can within three minutes. You can clear Dark Blocks by clearing the line that they are on, and / or by scoring multiple line clears, combos, etc.
- MYSTERY MODE – Try to survive a Marathon session as random effects (some good, most bad) keep popping up.