The 2015 AWE (Augmented World Expo) is around the corner and it’s set to feature over 200 companies that are blazing trails in the augmented and virtual reality industry. Better yet, Road to VR readers get 50% off the entrance fee.
The immersive technology industry, fired by successful startups such as Oculus, is growing and growing up fast! The rapid metamorphosing to a fully-fledged industry has been palpable over the last 12-24 months. As a result, events built to celebrate the space are becoming more and more important.
AWE has been leading the charge in the immersive technology event space for some 6 years now. Organised by non-profit organization AugmentedReality.org it was created to “…showcase the best augmented world experiences in all aspects of life and work: from entertainment and brand engagement, to enterprise and industrial, urban and architecture, education and training, automotive and navigation, government, and commerce.”. This year’s event, held at the Santa Clara Convention Center, CA, is the biggest ever and promises a smorgasbord of VR and AR tech companies, demonstrating how they intend to make their mark in this exciting arena.
The event runs 8-10 June and will include presentations and panels spanning four tracks, Enterprise, Design, Develop and Build – facilitated by over 200 speakers from the industry from big players like Google and Qualcomm to promising startups like AltspaceVR and JauntVR. Overall this is an industry focused event, so as expected the focus is on highlighting the best technologies in the field and sharing acquired learning.
Highlights for AWE 2015
- Over 200 Speakers delivering presentations on all aspects of augmented and virtual reality technologies split over four tracks.
- Philip Rosedale, Founder of High Fidelity, to deliver Conference Keynote.
- You’ll have the opportunity to go hands-on with 20 highly curated experiences, highlighting the best that virtual reality has to offer as selected by fellow VR site UploadVR.
- A Major Augmented Vs. Virtual reality debate exploring the symbiosis and conflicts between the two technology platforms.
- Try out Bjork’s latest stunning 360 degree virtual reality music video experience, straight from the successful MOMA exhibition.
- Go hands-on with the HTC Vive VR Headset and explore your inner artist with the incredible Tilt Brush virtual reality paint system.
- The opportunity to mix and network with some of the virtual and augmented reality industry’s leading lights.
This year’s event theme is “Bringing Superpowers to the People” which focuses on AR and VR’s capacity to enhance and augment human capabilities through technology.
Road to VR are proud media sponsors of the Augmented World Expo 2015