We all saw this one coming, and yet it still looks like a blast. Robo Recall now has an unofficial Star Wars mod that dresses up the game with a fresh coat of paint and new weapons.
With official modding support, Robo Recall is ripe for community adaptation. The other week we saw a mod that added full locomotion support to the game, and now the same modder, tonsta31, is building out a Star Wars mod for Robo Recall.
The video heading this article shows the mod in action, which gives players access to dual lightsabers for chopping and deflecting, as well as a blaster. A number of sound effects have been replaced to give it that Star Wars feel. While the mechanics are much the same as the default Robo Recall, it’s amazing what this coat of recognizable paint adds.
The mod is still a work-in-progress, and the author says there’s a number of improvements to come over on the mod’s thread at the Oculus forums:
- LightSabers in the new version dismember and deflect better and do not act like they are lead pipes
- Laser projectiles are just there for test purposes and will be replaced.
- AI have been slightly reworked to come more towards you and now multiple can attack at once (In stock for some reason most wait until you are nearer them or you kill one)
- There are force powers but not to use as yet.
- Started rigging Darth and some bots
- Will be story driven across multiple levels
only made by ME and about 20 hrs worth including making the level lol so do not expect much.
- Regular updates will be for the donators but this thread will be updated too after.